3.14.2010

dress up ...

The vintage shops on Crown Street are definitely one of my favorite things about Sydney. Yesterday we spent a few hours rummaging through racks and racks of pre-loved goodness. Of the many vintage gold mines, the highlight was most definitely Grandma Takes A Trip (branches both in Surry Hills and Bondi) where we indulged in a bit of dress up ... and laughs, lots of them.


Keenan had been obsessed with trying on fur stoles and leather jackets all day, here's the cream of the Crown Street crop, oh so glamorous:


If that wasn't out of control to begin with, here's the stole with the most adorable vintage nightie (she was a bit loopy by this point, just too much vintage goodness):


Keenan made me try on this handmade dress from the 50's - this almost killed me, as the only thing I despise more than asymmetrical hems is ruched velvour - this little number ticked both boxes:



But I couldn't help but love the top of the dress, it was perfectly constructed and the navy lace was beautiful - for a second I considered buying it and chopping off the bottom, that was until I looked at the price tag:


However, I did have a bit of luck! I found this secondhand Fendi bag:


I'm loving cross body bags lately, I think this will be perfect for traveling!


Images compliments of Keenan Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment